Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Holy Editang...

Hey all, it's been near a month since I've posted anything on here. I knew this was going to happen! I've been locked in my room- editing like crazy, going through 55+ hours of footage, writing scripts, makin' phone calls, traveling all over the place. Seriously if anyone in the Amherst area is looking for a secretary job that pays in "thanks yous" and indebtedness, do inquire.

As much as this past month has been busy its also been ridiculously exciting. This past weekend I interviewed Patti Smith guitarist and Nuggets curator Lenny Kaye!



He gave a great interview and told the story of how he and Patti met in a record store.

The next day we went down a few blocks in NYC to interview Danny Fields.



Danny worked for Atlantic, DJ-ed at WFMU, worked at Elektra signing the Stooges, MC5, and Nico, managed the Ramones, Steve Forbert, and the Modern Lovers. He also worked for Sire. I'm forgetting a lot- he's a legend. Danny had funny stories and provided a great narrative about the music industry and bands like the Stooges, Ramones, Nico, and Velvet Underground.

ALSO! I will soon be apart of a podcast about closing independent record stores on Issue Oriented. I'll keep ya posted when its posted!

Hopefully there will be some new footage up in the next coming weeks...

More later,

Brendan

No comments: